Everyone has a story to tell.
Would you like to tell your story? The Storytelling Project is listening!
Tell your story with us in our Over the Wire project. While we can't come to you physically this year, we would love for you to send us a recording of yourself telling your story. The video submissions will be turned into short (30 second) social media clips and featured on GCDD and L’Arche Atlanta’s social media channels!
Here’s how to do a story recording ‘over the wire’:
1. Find the quietest place around where you live and sit with the sun or light facing you so we can see you clearly.
2. Set up your computer or phone (horizontally) to record yourself. If someone else is holding the phone for you, have them stand within 3 feet of you so we can hear you.
3. You can talk, draw or make other art, sing, beat box, sign, play music, or communicate in your preferred way.
4. Pick as many questions from below you’d like to answer and record yourself answering each question within 10-30 seconds.
5. Upload the recording here.
To help you get started, take a look at our sample video below:
If you would like someone from the Storytelling Project to accompany through the process, send us an email at email@example.com, we’re here to help!
Questions to answer for Over the Wire video submissions:
- Tell us who you are!
- What is your gift?
- What are your goals for the future?
- What is your dream job?
- What is your ideal living situation?
- How can people make you feel like you belong?
- What makes you proud of your community?
- What can your community do better for people with disabilities?
- What gives you joy?
- What is your favorite way you practice your faith?
- Is there anything else you would like to tell us about yourself or you would like to say?
At the end of your video, please state the following:
- Georgia is my home
- I am Georgia too